Safety for Parents and Kids
Safety is a priority at Maritime Electric. The following tips are meant to protect you and your family from electrical hazards.
Power Line Safety
- Always treat overhead power lines as if they are energized - getting too close or touching them will result in electric shock.
Parents and Electrical Safety
- Protect your children by using appropriately designed plastic plugs to block access to electrical outlets.
- Protect your pets by preventing them from chewing on electrical cords.
- Ensure your children understand danger signs and teach them to never touch power lines or any electrical equipment.
Kids and Electrical Safety
- Never touch a power line because touching a power line can be deadly.
- Do not climb trees that are near power lines.
- Fences around electric substations are there to keep people away from possible danger. Never enter a substation. If a ball is accidentally thrown into a substation do not try to get it. Tell an adult to contact us immediately for help.
- Do not climb electrical poles.
Kites, Drones and Tree Houses
- Fly your kites and drones in open parks or fields away from power lines.
- If your kite or drone gets tangled in a power line, do not try to get it. Contact us immediately for assistance.
- If building a tree house, choose a tree that is not growing near power lines.