Maritime Electric is a Public Utility regulated by the Island Regulatory and Appeals Commission (IRAC) under the Electric Power Act and the Renewable Energy Act. Electricity rates and directives over all operations and expenditures are subject to IRAC's approval.
IRAC provides regulatory oversight of our operations to ensure compliance with applicable legislation. Maritime Electric is mandated to provide documentation to IRAC to justify costs in administration, operations, and electricity purchase and sale.
Below are recent IRAC Applications that have been filed by Maritime Electric.
- 11/30/2018 - 2019 General Rate Application and Evidence [PDF-13.1 MB]
- 06/29/2018 - 2017 Depreciation Study [PDF-5.7 MB]
- 06/29/2018 - 2017 Cost Allocation Study [PDF-2.8 MB]
- 06/28/2018 - Charlottetown Thermal Generating Station (CTGS) Decommissioning Study [PDF-41 MB]
- 05/18/2018 - Environmental Impact Statement (EIS): Proposed Borden-Carleton Transmission Line Project [PDF-5.8 MB]
- 04/27/2017 - Point Lepreau Cost Allocation Classification Study [PDF-210 KB]
- 08/09/2016 – Appendix M: 2014 Cost Allocation Study undertaken by Chymko Consulting [PDF-1.6 MB]
- 08/02/2016 – 2017 Capital Budget [PDF-270 KB]
- 07/08/2016 – OATT (Open Access Transmission Tariff) [PDF-4.9 MB]
- 02/05/2016 – Supplemental Information to 2016 General Rate Agreement [PDF-2.6 MB]
- 01/29/2016 – 2016 General Rate Agreement [PDF-497 KB]
- 10/28/2015 – General Rate Case Application and Evidence [PDF-13.8 MB]
- 09/30/2015 – Proposed Interconnection Upgrade Project Environmental Impact Assessment Volumes 1-2 [PDF-6.8 MB]
- 09/20/2015 – Proposed Interconnection Upgrade Project Environmental Impact Assessment Volumes 3-4 [PDF-44 MB]
- 07/30/2015 – 2016 Annual Capital Budget Application [PDF-276 KB]
- 07/23/2015 – Depreciation Study Application [PDF-4.2 MB]
- 06/25/2015 – Proposed Combustion Turbine Generator Application [PDF-877 KB]
- 06/03/2015 – Demand Side Management Plan 2015-2020 [PDF-674 KB]