Maritime Electric is committed to providing safe, reliable electrical services. Our ability to do so may be affected by trees located in proximity to power lines. If you see a potential problem please contact Maritime Electric at 1-800-670-1012.
Trees and Electrical Safety
- Tree contact or trees growing too close to power lines can create a public safety hazard as well as cause an interruption in electrical service.
- Maritime Electric performs tree trimming to prevent tree limbs and branches from contacting distribution power lines and, where deemed necessary, will cut trees down.
- Trees that obstruct the route of new distribution power lines will be trimmed or removed.
How much will be cut from my trees?
When Maritime Electric is contacted with a request for tree trimming, a Company representative will visit the site and determine if electrical safety hazards exist.
- Trees that have grown to a point where they are close to energized power lines must only be trimmed by qualified personnel with the proper tools, equipment and training.
- When tree trimming is performed by Maritime Electric, we make every effort to ensure that there is sufficient clearance so that the tree remains safe until maintenance is carried out during the next cycle.
- Our tree trimmers are trained in proper pruning techniques to redirect growth away from the power lines and to maintain the health of the tree.
- Never attempt to trim or prune trees near power lines. Contact with a secondary power line can kill.
If you see a potential problem please contact Maritime Electric at 1-800-670-1012.