Underground Power Line Locates
Not all power lines are located up on a utility pole. If your home or business has no overhead wires attached to the building, it likely has underground service. Unlike overhead power lines, underground power lines are insulated and protected. However, if they are damaged, they are just as dangerous as overhead power lines.
If you have plans to dig on your property, call us in advance to schedule an underground locate.
An underground locate determines if and where underground service power lines are running on your property or project location. This service is completely free for your service power line and can help you avoid a serious injury or fatality, expensive repairs to underground infrastructure, or a disruption of service to you and your neighbours. Plan ahead and stay safe.
When should I call for an underground locate?
- Anytime you are digging for commercial or residential purposes and you are unsure whether or not there are underground power lines in the area.
- If you are digging on your property to install a fence, deck posts, in-ground garden or other structure and are unsure if you have underground power lines running on your property.
- To have the locations of known underground power lines marked on your property before you begin digging.
To request an underground locate
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-670-1012 at least 5 to 10 business days before you plan to dig and provide the following information:
- Contact name and phone number,
- a description of the scope of the work being completed, and
- the planned start date of your work.
For more information on working near power lines: